Drama Club at Saint Joseph Catholic School
Saint Joseph School is excited to offer the 4th and 5th grade Drama Club for the fourth year! Theater education helps children grow in the following ways:
- Improves communication skills
- Gives an opportunity to express oneself
- Helps develop the ability to think critically
- Encourages cooperation with others in achieving a joint goal
- Helps develop moral and spiritual values
- Helps a child explore oneself
- Helps develop sensitivity and understanding of the feelings of others
- Provides a safe and welcoming environment
- Offers one-on-one attention for the socially challenged
- Fosters peer acceptance and self-worth
Drama Club Typical Semester
During the semester, students will learn about improvisation, characterization, pantomime, puppets, teamwork, and creativity. The semester culminates in a play performed onstage for the entire school, friends, and families.
- The Drama Club meets each Wednesday afternoon on the cafeteria stage from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Club members join for one semester at a time.
- Fifteen students are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Membership fees are $135.00 per semester.
The Drama Club is led by Mrs. Kelly Galvarino, a National Board Certified Teacher with over 15 years of theater experience. You may e-mail Mrs. Galavarino at email@example.com with any questions.